European Film Agency Directors aisbl
General Secretary- Job description
1. EFADs GENERAL DESCRIPTION
European Film Agency Directors (EFADs) is an association representing the directors of 31 European Film Agencies (28 Members States of the EU+ Norway, Iceland and Switzerland). All agencies are bodies (public, governmental or charity) with the responsibility to devise and/or carry out national policies in the audiovisual field and to advise their national government and industry stakeholders on future developments in the sector. The principal aim of the EFADs is to understand and advocate the economic and cultural impact of the European film industry.
On day to day basis the EFADs help to ensure audio visual policy supports audiovisual and cinematographic creation in Europe and the effective distribution of European works across Europe and internationally.
EFADs does this by sharing experience and best practice and intervening in the framework of international institutions such as the European Union (EU), the Council of Europe or UNESCO.
The EFADs meet in plenary sessions three times a year to address issues of common concern and to formulate common positions in relation to audiovisual policy debates at European level; they also meet in working groups to prepare the work to be discussed in plenary sessions.
2. RESPONSABILITIES & DUTIES
The General Secretary of the EFADs is responsible for developing and implementing EFADs policy and strategy in close liaison with its members. The General Secretary is also responsible for the coordination of the regular EFADs meetings.
The main role of the General Secretary is to coordinate the position of Member States on issues of common interest, shape common positions and represent the association to the EU and certain other institutions.
- More particularly, the General Secretary will:
Coordinate EFADS plenary meetings and EFADs working groups (WG Digital, WG Copyright, WG Film Education and WG Think Thank) by :
- Convening and participating in the meetings
- Preparing supporting documents
- Producing minutes
- Prepare policy documents: position papers, response to consultations, statements and speaking points
- Monitor EU and international developments, write a weekly EFADs round-up, attend relevant conferences and events and provide effective reporting
- Provide expertise: analysis and recommendations for action
- Take a proactive role in building a network of relevant contacts within the European institutions and other sector stakeholders
- Be the central contact person for EFADs and represent the EFADs in meetings with other organisations and political institutions
- Manage the e-mail accounts and be a contact person for EFADs members
- Manage and improve the communication and the image (website, press releases, tweets…)
- Organise events (film screenings, …)
- Logistical support for organisation of meetings, working groups, events, …
- Any other administrative tasks and facilities linked to the above mentioned
3. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master or Bachelor’s degree
- Five years in European audiovisual sector
- Strong knowledge of European institutions, policies and procedures
- Organisational governance
- Stakeholder engagement, public affairs and campaigning
- Negotiation, partnership working and consensus building
4. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and at least in one other
- European language
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Managerial autonomy, pro-activity and initiative
- Ability to handle stress and to respect deadlines
- Ability to synthesise complex arguments
- Solution oriented and pragmatic
- Strong negotiating skills
- The post will be based in Brussels and willingness and ability travel throughout Europe is essential
- Travel expenses are covered by EFADs association
- EFADs association is not subject to VAT
HOW TO APPLY?
- For a physical person: send a CV and a cover letter
- For a consulting company: send a proposal including presentation of the company, financial offer, General Secretary’s and team CV’s and a cover letter
for 5th November 2018, in English, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org